Hello Thomas,

> How difficult would it be to plug in another input filter instead of
> textile?

   The slideshow (S9) gem also supports markdown (using the maruku)
gem that you can use as an example to plug in your own text-to-markup
filter.

  Here's the code from the gem:

  # convert light-weight markup to hypertext

  if known_markdown_extnames.include?( extname )
    content = Maruku.new( content, {:on_error => :raise} ).to_html
    # old code: content = BlueCloth.new( content ).to_html
  else
    content = RedCloth.new( content ).to_html
  end

  That's basically all there is to it. Full source @
http://slideshow.rubyforge.org/svn/trunk/lib/slideshow.rb

> I currently use a somewhat clumsy, homegrown solution for such kind of
> presentations when I don't have to impress powerpoint-minded people
> with fancy animations and stuff.
>
> See here for a simple example: http://deplate.sourceforge.net/presentation.html
>
> I like the graphical layout of your solution but would like to keep
> the viki/deplate input syntax. I would also like to still be able to
> generate slides via deplate so that I could use the plain html version
> if the browser doesn't support slideshow (in cases when you have to
> use the computer provided by the hosts/organizers).
>
> For ideas about how to embed LaTeX formulas see here:
> http://deplate.sourceforge.net/Modules.html#hd008005002
> http://mathml.rubyforge.org

  Thanks for the pointers. Adding formulas is definitely a next step.
Any contributions welcome. Cheers.

--
Gerald Bauer - Internet Professional - http://geraldbauer.wordpress.com