On Jul 3, 2008, at 17:31 , Seebs wrote:

> On 2008-07-03, Tristin Davis <tristin.colby / gmail.com> wrote:
>> So its just a style thing.  That answers my question. Thank you.
>
> No!
>
> 1.  Certain old (or intentionally underfeatured) compilers CANNOT
> compile
> with the modern style, with parameter types in the argument list.
> 2.  The semantics are different for some types.

Don't get your panties so bunched up... these days it really is just a
style thing. There is nothing Tristen will write where K&R vs ANSI
will be an issue. That is almost entirely guaranteed. If it were a
possibility, then Tristen would already know the difference because
he'd be an old suspender wearing bearded UNIX type.