I have some code similar to below, which expresses my intent, but is not what
is happening.  Who is calling B#initialize?  Do I need a call to super in
B#initialise?  I keep getting trash in the b and c  passed to B#initialize or
error messages saying that there are too many args being passed to
B#initialize.  I obviously have a very murky understanding of how to achieve
what I want.  Thanks ahead for any advice.

	class A
	    def A.new(a, *args)

	class B < A
	    def B.new(a, b, c)
	        x = 1
	        y = 2
	        z = 3
	        <more>
	        super(a, x, y, z, <more>)
	    end
	    def initialize(a, b, c)
	        @a = a
	        @b = b
	        @c = c

	B.new(a,b,c)	#<==preferred method of creating a B instance

--
Quantum Mechanics: The dreams stuff is made of