On Thu, Jul 03, 2008 at 01:23:16PM +0900, Jason Bornhoft wrote:
> Eric Hodel wrote:
> >>>
> >> Still getting the same error...
> >>
> >> make: Nothing to be done for `all'.
> >>
> >> How can I ensure that the headers and dev libraries are properly
> >> installed?
> >
> > You're sure you ran make clean first?  If that still doesn't do it,
> > you'll have to re-run configure with the location of your openssl.
>
> Ok. I installed the openssl from source after I installed ruby.  Can
> that be my issue?

Yes, that would do it.  When you built ruby from scratch openssl was not
on your system.  At that point ruby had no way of building the openssl
extension so it would of course exclude it.

If you are building ruby from scratch, then you must make sure that all
the dependencies that ruby requires and for the extensions you want to
build are already on the system.

enjoy,

-jeremy

 Jeremy Hinegardner                              jeremy / hinegardner.org