I think that is a great idea. I have used editors that allow that and I
agree that it is incredibly useful. I will add that to our editor project.

Curt

PS
   Anytime you get a good idea, you can always add it our list of proposed
features by going directly to our wiki project pages
(http://www.rubyide.org/cgi-bin/wiki.pl?FreeRIDE_Projects).