Doug Alcorn wrote:
> Not only to the community, but also my client. I've been working on it
> on and off for several weeks.  I'm not sure I have the right skills atm
> to do memory profiling.  I'd be interested in some good pointers on how
> to memory profile ruby/rails app

I've got potentially bad news according to Robin Ward at
http://weblog.rubyonrails.com/2008/6/21/multiple-ruby-security-vulnerabilities:
> I installed the Smartleaf p230 patch above and I can confirm that my
> Ruby app is running fine in production without any segfaults. [...]
> Disregard what I said above about the smartleaf patch: After running
> for a while the memory usage of all my ruby processes climbed through
> the room. There are definitely memory leaks present.
Because the bug isn't in the Smartleaf patch, but rather in the Ruby
interpreter, it's very likely that the problem is still in there.

Can anyone please provide code to reproduce this?

-igal