Hello,

I need to use functionality like expect to use ssh and scp in one of my
projects, I started to play with pty, expect and expecter (borrowed from a
Matz message) but I had some problems with PTY (Child_changed and fork
errors) than couldn't solve. So I started to write an extension of libexpect
(that is bundled with expect program). Now works fine for me as I don't need
all the funcionality and only search for substrings, no regexp or such. It's
also function based, so only one program can be "expected". I will start to
rewrite it to make a class and add some more funcionality to it. What could
be better, to "imitate" the libexpect API into a class? so you can use all
the functions and parameters or a should I forget the parts I don't need?

Bye

--
Javier Fontan Muiņīs
jfontan / cesga.es