Thanks, for being persistent on this.

Part of my problem was not being familiar with the options you can set on a
"Yahoo Group". I just poked around a little in the settings and found the
option that makes the archives public (I guess if you don't make membership
public, then they don't default the archives to public either -- makes
sense).

Anyway, I changed that. The archives are now public, but if you want to post
you have to join.

Curt