In article <20020108121102.B26120 / ninja1.internal>, Sean Chittenden wrote:
>> > cd /usr/ports/textproc/eruby/work/eruby-0.9.7/examples
>> > eruby -Mc text.rhtml  head -1
>> >
>> > Does that specify the Content-type correctly?  -sc
>> >
>> Yes, that works correctly.

>> Can you explain me, what is going on here?
>
> Nope, not really.  I was really hoping that'd come back as text/plain,
> but if it's coming back as text/html... can you verify that it's
> sending the content type as text/plain?  My best suggestion would be
> to crank up the debugging and see if that helps.  Otherwise I'd
> suggest trying modruby / modruby.net: I've never seen this before and
> maybe Shugo has an idea.  What version of eRuby are you using?  -sc

This is what the browser sees:

<0>fastjack@fuchi[7]:~$ echo -e "GET /hello.rhtml HTTP/1.0\n" |
nc nexus 80 | grep -i content-type

Now the _same_ script executed directly:

<0>fastjack@nexus[1001]:~$ eruby -Mc /var/www/htdocs/hello.rhtml|
grep -i content-type

At first I would suspect apache to reset the content-type but
setting the Apache.request.content_type explicitly solves the
problem. (As I was curious I wrote a small script that would
display the contents of Apache.request.content_type and what did
I find in there? "text/plain")
Seems like the some weird initialisation error.

This occurs with ruby 1.6.6, eRuby 0.9.7 and mod_ruby 0.9.4 on an
Apache 1.3.22 (on Solaris 8 x86 10/01)

Cheers
Martin

ps: I'll send an extra message to modruby / modruby.net just to
make sure :)