On Jun 28, 2008, at 1:19 AM, Martin DeMello wrote:

> Thanks, that's 99% of what I'm looking for - ideally I'd like to match
> routes where the controller doesn't exist either, but I'll settle for
> having empty controllers for all possible choices.

you can do that too with ramaze

   Ramaze::Route[ %r/.*/ ] = '/application/default'

   class ApplicationController < ::Ramaze::Controller

     def default *path_info

obviously that route should be added last.

in rails i think all this would require is

   map.connect '/*path_info', :controller => 'application', :action =>
'default'

or something very close (not sure if it's *path_info or /*path_info)
as your last route to map stuff into a default acttion that would
lookup content from the db or something.

cheers.

a @ http://codeforpeople.com/
better. simply reflect on that.
h.h. the 14th dalai lama