Hi,

"Yukihiro Matsumoto writes:

> In message "[ruby-talk:03052] FYI: Python Development Team Moves to
BeOpen.com"
>     on 00/05/30, "Conrad Schneiker" <schneiker / jump.net> writes:
>
> |> What changes is how much time we have for Python.  Previously, Python
> |> was a hobby or side project, which had to compete with our day jobs;
>
> I was amazed that Guido made this great work for side project.

I have no doubt that Guido is a pretty remarkable individual, but I think
that when Guido mentioned "how much time _we_ have" and "_our_ day jobs",
this was probably substantially more applicable to his closest Python
coworkers than to himself personally. IIRC, Guido has been at least partly
funded by some DOD agency for Python-related development projects for _his_
day job.

> For me, Ruby requires almost my full time.

Well, I guess that explains why Ruby is a pretty big improvement over
Python--something that no one else in the world has been able to achieve.

> Thanks to netlab.co.jp who allow this.

Likewise.

And vice versa, thanks to Matz, who is very much more irreplaceable.

Conrad