I have come code which is looking for a particular number within a CSV
row (item no 2).  If it finds it, I want it to output the row
unchanged - but if it isn't there, I want it to delete the row
entirely.

I can't get the following code to work - can anyone spot my mistakes?

reequire "csv"
def basketExtract
   f = File.open('DATA.DAT')
   csvr = CSV::Reader.create(f,'|')
   # import CSV file and read it.

   header = csvr.shift
   #removes header character
   outfile = File.new('NEWDATA.DAT','w')
   CSV::Writer.create(outfile, '|') << header

    csvr.each do |csv|
     # read each row in the CSV
        if csv[1] == 699 #if the branch number is one of the requested
ones.
	      outrow = csv
       else #if it isn't one in the list
          next
       end
     CSV::Writer.create(outfile, '|') << outrow