------art_3986_1302411.1214441288671

Thanks Ben. That worked perfect. No other changes required in the class. :)

Here's the final code. Maybe someone can get some use out of it.  It sends a
heartbeat (of your choosing) from your running ruby app at a given interval.

class HeartBeat

  attr_accessor :interval

  def initialize(interval0)
     @interval  nterval
     @notifiers  rray.new
  end

  def add_notifier(notifierl, &block)
     if block_given?
        @notifiers << block
     else
        @notifiers << notifier

  def thump
     raise ArgumentError, "You must add_notifier before you can notify" if
@notifiers.empty?
     @notifiers.each {|n| n.call }
  end

  def start