Martin Kahlert <martin.kahlert / infineon.com> writes:

> Hi Dave,
>
> On Fri, Dec 21, 2001 at 03:59:54AM +0900, Dave Thomas wrote:
> > Dave (sighing as he watches sales of the book plummet)
> I own the book - just only one copy. It's the one, which looks a bit
> like bundled newpapers at the moment. Perhaps it would have been better
> to hardcover it using hard plastic or steel.
> The book is really the greatest book on programming i ever read!

I disagree. It's only the second best book on programming I ever read.
The very best is "The Pragmatic Programmer", which happens to be from
the same authors :-)

> My wife didn't understand, that I read this programming book with
> the same fun as she did with crime novels (hope,
> that's the correct english term for these books).

Agreed. It happens very rarely that you read a book about programming
and find yourself laughing all the time.

> Thanks a lot for the effort you spent to write it!

The same from me, too :-)

> --
> The early bird catches the worm. If you want something else for
> breakfast, get up later.

I like that one.

kind regards
frank

--
"And Joramun blew the horn of winter, and woke giants from the earth."
Frank Schmitt (frankschmitt / gmx.de)