On Mon, 07 Jan 2002 23:10:49 GMT, "Hal E. Fulton"
<hal9000 / hypermetrics.com> wrote:

>I just saw this thread, as my machine has been on the blink
>for a few days...
>
>Thanks for the comments.
>
>> Thanks to Hal Fulton and his helpers for producing another early important
>> major catalytic milestone in the galactic ascendancy of Ruby.

Hal, congratulations on The Ruby Way. I normally hate big books,
because of their tendency to pull me under the water in the tub. This
one I really like.

It is full of examples, and they show me more than how some object
works, they show me ways to do things. I am just reading it at the
moment, by which I mean going through it, mostly in order, but also
skipping around to see what you say about this or that.

If I continue to write Ruby a little as opposed to a lot, the book
will serve as a reference or reminder as well as a straight learning
book. (If I get to writing Ruby a LOT, my fantasy is that I won't need
a book any more. ;-> )

Good stuff. I'm glad to see the book and I'm glad to have it. And glad
to have met you.

Congratulations!

Ronald E Jeffries
http://www.XProgramming.com