fdelente / mail.cpod.fr wrote:
> I've read (a good part of) the lex&yacc book, and read online documentation.
> I don't know about Treetop, but will look into it.

upside: It can parse non-context free grammars, which the others find hard or impossible.
upside: They're as efficient as context-free ones.
downside: That's not very efficiently... it's quite slow.
downside: You have to have all your input in one string to use it - no IOStreams.

It is very sweet and clean and all kinds of good things, and since you're
using Ruby already you might not be too worried about performance :-).

Clifford Heath.