On Jun 24, 5:45
> Any progress on this? We have corporate developers and Ruby is just
> getting its foothold in our Enterprise but with the security
> vulnerabilities and the lack of an updated installer management is
> concerned and it could de-rail the effort.

Hmn, we are still removing the dust that the security vulnerabilities
generated.

As I commented on mongrel-users:

http://rubyforge.org/pipermail/mongrel-users/2008-June/005446.html

1) 1.8.7 broke lot of things, including wxRuby.
2) wxRuby is a bundled extension and gem of One-Click Installer (which
is also FXRuby).
3) 1.8.6-p230 self tests didn't complete on Windows.
4) as commented by other users, backporting changes across versions is
a hard work (try looking at the commits logs and you will see what I'm
talking about).
5) Even p230 is broken for 1.8.6 itself, not only on Windows, but
across every platform.

So, with all those points, 1.8.7 is not a valid option to provide an
Updated installer, since the work and time involved in test every
single package that is bundled with One-Click Installer distract us
from our task to complete MinGW release.

1.8.6 is plain broken, until someone make it work (and the selfe tests
pass) we will stick to p114 and backport some patches, as we did for
the MinGW version we are working on.

The new version will be Windows Installer Based (MSI) which will play
more nice in corporate environments.

Hope this explains our point of view so far.

Feel free to contribute part of your time and give us a hand to get
the product out of the door faster. we are working pretty hard on this
and breaking our *sses to deliver a good and top quality product.

BTW, we didn't started a pledgie or a contribution collect and even
so, we donate our time to the community. If you have corporate
customers, make them pay for quality service, and you will get it,
trust me.

Regards,
--
Luis Lavena