Igal Koshevoy wrote:
> Phil Ross wrote:
>> It looks like a fix for the segmentation faults was committed on 21 June
>> (revision 17530 in the ruby_1_8 branch):
>
> Phil, thanks for posting the link and patch.
>
> Unfortunately, this patched version fails with segmentation faults when
> applied to 1.8.6-p230 and run against RSpec 1.1.4's test suite:
>
>   lib/spec/example/example_group_methods.rb:384: [BUG] Segmentation
> fault
>
> The 1.8.6-p111 version doesn't segfault.

Igal,

Thanks for testing this.

It would appear that there are (at least) two separate areas where
segmentation faults are being raised. Revision 17530 fixes segmentation
faults with string concatenation that was causing my Rails applications
to crash:

http://www.ruby-forum.com/topic/157250

I guess that the root cause must be revision 17222 in the ruby_1_8_6
branch that the smartleaf patch reverts.

Regards,

Phil

--
Phil Ross