> * RubyGems no longer performs bulk updates and instead only fetches
> the gemspec
>    files it needs.  Alternate sources will need to upgrade to RubyGems
>    allow RubyGems to take advantage of the new metadata updater.  If a
> pre 1.2
>    remote source is in the sources list, RubyGems will revert to the
> bulk update
>    code for compatibility.

Nice new features!  Sweetness.

Some notes:
~ sudo gem update --system
Updating RubyGems
Bulk updating Gem source index for: http://gems.rubyforge.org/
Nothing to update
~ gem -v
1.1.1

1) I seem to be unable to upgrade.  Hopefully this will be fixed soon by
some propagating gems.
2) It always does  'mass' bulk update each time I run this command,
despite the fact that my gem cache is up to date.

I look forward to installing it eventually, though :)
-R