Thomas Hurst wrote:
> rspec runs fine, though I needed to modify a regexp to work with my
> Oniguruma patched install (an option of the FreeBSD port).
>
> The Rails test suite mostly works; few failures wrt timezone support,
> and a couple of odd ActiveRecord ones with sanitizing LIMIT
> (add_limit_offset_should_sanitize_sql_injection_for_limit...), but
> these could also be Oniguruma related.
Thanks for the update.

>> However, does anyone know how the FreeBSD maintainers figured out what
>> to backport and what not to?
> Well, you just follow the SVN history and cherry-pick the relevent
> commits?
The intent of my question was to get information so we could evaluate
their selection process, and thus determine whether that process would
effectively included the applicable changes. :)

We're currently depending on the assumption that one person cherry
picked all the right commits, and we've already identified at least one
potential error from that process. I'm sure that Stanislav Sedov did a
fine job, but I'd like to see someone else do a second, independent pass
through the history to double-check. I wouldn't trust myself to do
something this important on my own in a single pass, so this is in no
way a criticism.

Would anyone like to volunteer?

-igal