* Igal Koshevoy (igal / pragmaticraft.com) wrote:

> Thomas Hurst wrote:
> > FreeBSD backported the relevent patches to 1.8.6 p111, perhaps use
> > those?  I've certainly not had any problems with my Rails apps with it.
>
> Thanks for the information, Thomas. Could you or someone else with
> FreeBSD, as a favor, run the Rails and RSpec test suites with this new
> version to determine how well these modified versions work?

rspec runs fine, though I needed to modify a regexp to work with my
Oniguruma patched install (an option of the FreeBSD port).

The Rails test suite mostly works; few failures wrt timezone support,
and a couple of odd ActiveRecord ones with sanitizing LIMIT
(add_limit_offset_should_sanitize_sql_injection_for_limit...), but
these could also be Oniguruma related.

> However, does anyone know how the FreeBSD maintainers figured out what
> to backport and what not to?

Well, you just follow the SVN history and cherry-pick the relevent
commits?

--
Thomas 'Freaky' Hurst
    http://hur.st/