Thomas Hurst wrote:
> FreeBSD backported the relevent patches to 1.8.6 p111, perhaps use
> those?  I've certainly not had any problems with my Rails apps with it.

Thanks for the information, Thomas. Could you or someone else with
FreeBSD, as a favor, run the Rails and RSpec test suites with this new
version to determine how well these modified versions work?

If we can create a patch against the official 1.8.6p111 source code, we
can distribute that as a temporary solution until there's an official
fix. That'd be great.

However, does anyone know how the FreeBSD maintainers figured out what
to backport and what not to?

Can you or someone more familiar with FreeBSD explain how to get the
diff for their patches so someone can start building a backport patch
based on theirs? I found the FreeBSD page that refers to these at
http://www.freshports.org/lang/ruby18/ but can't get it to give me code.
For example, if I scroll down, locate the first change set, click the
misleading MS Notepad icon, scroll down, click on any of the listed
files, scroll down, tell it to do diff, it just returns a zero-length
file. Thoughts?

-igal