Dolazy wrote:
> So where is ruby nowadays? For what kind of software would ruby be the
> programming language of choice?

Well, certainly Rails is a large part of it, but I would say that the
second biggest "almost-killer-app" for Ruby is in test/behavior driven
development. I haven't looked very hard, but I don't know of anything
that comes close to RSpec that is written in another language.

Another area where I think Ruby is the language of choice is when you
need to create an "internal" domain-specific language. It used to be if
you wanted to do something like that, you pretty much had to use
Lisp/Scheme or Forth, and in many cases require your users to adapt to
Lisp/Scheme parenthesized prefix or Forth postfix notation.