On 1/7/02 4:10 PM, "Armin Roehrl" <armin / approximity.com> wrote:

> On Monday 07 January 2002 23:59, you wrote:
>> In article <B85F6AEC.4402%gehlker / fastq.com>,
>>
>> Chris Gehlker  <gehlker / fastq.com> wrote:
>>> Making the latest snapshot on MOSX 10.1.2 I get:
>>
>> What is MOSX?  I don't see it in the RAA.
>>
>>> "make: warning:  Clock skew detected.  Your build may be incomplete."
>>> But "make test" says: says it succeeded
> Most likely: maybe a file timestamp is newer than the actual date.
> Either your system date is wrong or from where you got it from
> or NFS date ...

Well this was the advice I needed to track down the problem. It's actually a
StuffIt Expander bug. Apparently StuffIt is setting a date wrong when it
unarcs the stable-snapshot.tar.gz file. It works fine with either BSD tar or
gnutar.
--
Laws are the spider's webs which, if anything small falls into them they
ensnare it, but large things break through and escape. -Solon, statesman