------extPart_000_05D8_01C19833.2567D3C0

I would like to have a finalizer for my class. I have seen the ObjectSpace.deifne_finalizer but it's not that useful because you cant access the object from in there. All you can get is the object id. I suppose I could keep a hash with a data object with all the details that I need to destroy my object, but it really doesn't seem like something I should need to do.

Why is it that ruby does not support the normal OO style finailzers? Or is there some way to do this that I have overlooked?

Regards
Ralph

------extPart_000_05D8_01C19833.2567D3C0

<HTML><HEAD>
<STYLE></STYLE>
</HEAD>
<BODY bgColor=#ffffff>
<DIV><FONT face=Arial size=2>I would like to have a finalizer for my lass.&nbsp;I have seen the ObjectSpace.deifne_finalizer but it's not that
useful because you cant access the object from in there. All you can get is the
object id. I suppose I could keep a hash with a data object with all the details
that I need to destroy my object, but it really doesn't seem like something I
should need to do.</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=Arial size=2>Why is it that ruby does not support the normal OO
style finailzers? Or is there some way to do this that I have
overlooked?</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=Arial size=2>Regards</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=Arial size=2>Ralph</FONT></DIV></BODY></HTML>

------extPart_000_05D8_01C19833.2567D3C0--