On Mon, 07 Jan 2002 06:48:11 GMT, "Jack Dempsey"
<dabigdemp / hotmail.com> wrote:

>That is a funny coincidence! looking now to see how you implemented it...
>i'm wondering if the idea of mimicing perl's CPAN module is worth it...would probably be fairly easy to translate it straight from the perl...

Also there was some distributed variant of C or something out
there.  I don't recall the name of it, but there was an article in
one of the programmer journals.  Basically, if your function call
was wrapped in parens, if the function wasn't on the local
machine it rpc'd it and found a machine on the network that
provided the function.  Kind of like
printf("Hello World!\n"); // normal printf
x = (printf("Hello World!\n")) // if I don't have printf find it,
			//run it, and return the result

I wonder if hackers had a field day with that concept?
Or maybe it's just another way of doing Corba or something?
I dunno'.

Mike

--

"I don't want to belong to any club that would have me as a member."
    -- Groucho Marx