Le 14 juin 13:45, Eric Hegwer a ˝─rit :

> I though it be cool to hear what your first experience with Ruby was.
> Was it a job, or just a fun (cough, cough)  side project that you
> decided to take on?

A bit of both, actually.  I came into contact with the language through
the use of the package upgrading tool of my server operating system of
choice (tm).  Since it required Ruby, a bit of curiosity led me to some
quick google searches and...

For the first serious project I wrote, I believe it is a set of tools
used to collect data and graph them using RRDtools, and a lot of small
system utilities in that vein.

I've never quite finished any big projects with Ruby, though, but I'm
pushing the language to my coworkers with a few presentations...

Fred
--
Tried to save a place from the cuts and the scratches
Tried to overcome the complications and the catches