Thanks guys.

the Gosu::Window thing would that be an example of nested then? as in
Gosu module Window class?

the deleting instance var object was something that I was trying to do
in regards to Gosu Game lib.
it tries to update itself 60 times a second, so if you press a key it
gets regstered by the lib several times. I was trying to create a method
that it would once the key was pressed it remained inactive for a set
time. I was using the Gosu::milliseconds for this. it seemed easier to
create a class that handled this, and I was getting worried that it
would create loads of objects that only had a short life span then
sucked up perfomance as the game continued. but if they delete them self
if there is no pointer to them that works.