From: "Bill Kelly" <billk / cts.com>
>>From: "Jenda Krynicky" <jenda / cpan.org>
>> I don't think people get drawn to Ruby because of pretty syntax. I think
>> it's all marketing. Ruby on Rails is (or is it still?) hip. The new cool
>> kid on the block.
>
> To paraphrase David Heinemeier Hansson, "f*ck rails."
>
> <grin>

Apologies for replying to my own post - but it's been bothering me that I forgot
to add a footnote to explain my comment above.  And so I worried it might have
sounded harsh to those not familiar with the event my comment puns on.

Thus, here's the footnote I might ought to have included:
http://blog.wekeroad.com/blog/imploding-rails-jesus-dhh-and-the-uncle-ben-principle/
(scroll down about a page)

All in fun,

Bill