------art_19096_4697246.1213364891276

------------------

The three rules of Ruby Quiz 2:

1.  Please do not post any solutions or spoiler discussion for this
quiz until 48 hours have passed from the time on this message.

2.  Support Ruby Quiz 2 by submitting ideas as often as you can! (A
permanent, new website is in the works for Ruby Quiz 2. Until then,
please visit the temporary website at

     <http://splatbang.com/rubyquiz/>.
3.  Enjoy!

Suggestion:  A [QUIZ] in the subject of emails about the problem
helps everyone on Ruby Talk follow the discussion.  Please reply to
the original quiz message, if you can.
------------------

## Circle Drawing (#166)

This week we're going to keep it simple... very simple.

Given a radius, draw an ASCII circle.

For example:

    ruby circle.rb 7

Should produce a circle of radius 7:

         #####
       ##     ##
      #         #
     #           #
     #           #
    #             #
    #             #
    #             #
    #             #
    #             #
     #           #
     #           #
      #         #
       ##     ##
         #####

Note that most fonts do not have a square aspect ratio, which is why the
above output may look like an oval, despite my calculations for a circle. It
is acceptable if your code produces similar output.

However, _for extra credit_ you may support an additional argument that
specifies the aspect ratio (height divided by width).

    ruby circle.rb 7 1.4

This should draw a circle of radius 7 with aspect ratio of 1.4. If done
correctly, your output will actually look like a circle (assuming 1.4 is an
accurate measure of the actual aspect ratio).

--
Matthew Moss <matthew.moss / gmail.com>

------art_19096_4697246.1213364891276--