Yes.  Thank you, Matz.  I found the message in Marshal.c.  Also,
the "given" numbers in the message varied wildly.  FYI, I
temporalily worked around the problem by inserting
garbage_collect between loading each file.

--
"It requires wisdom to understand wisdom:
 the music is nothing if the audience is deaf."