Rajesh Olafson wrote:
>>> I have method that read a binary file - maybe a image, and return a byte
>>> array.
>>>
>>> I want write the byte array to another file. But I keep writing the bytes
>>> as
>>> text. I want binary.
>>>
>>> What need I do?
>>>
>>> Rajesh.
>>>

>> I'm guessing that you're on Windows. Open the file with the 'b' flag, i.e.
>> 'wb'.
>>

> Thank you.
> no. I use linux ubuntu. shold have said that before.
>
> With my file write I just get text in the file. Not binary.
> ?

Then I don't understand. What do you mean you "just get text"? If you're
on Linux or you've opened the file with the b flag, then you should get
the data you write w/o conversion.

Maybe it would help if you showed an example of your code.

--
RMagick: http://rmagick.rubyforge.org/
RMagick 2: http://rmagick.rubyforge.org/rmagick2.html