As long as the require lines are exactly the same, there's nothing to
worry about.

file1.rb:
require 'lib'

file2.rb:
require 'lib'

This will work fine. You will run into problems if you put relative
paths though:

file1.rb:
require 'lib'

lower/file3.rb:
require '../lib'

This will end up require-ing lib.rb twice, and possibly cause problems.

Either use full paths, or add directories to the $LOAD_PATH to protect
against this.

Jason