On Jun 10, 2008, at 05:34 , Axel Etzold wrote:

> Dear Ryan,
>
>> ParseTree version 2.2.0 has been released!
>> ParseTree is a C extension (using RubyInline) that extracts the parse
>> tree for an entire class or a specific method and returns it as a
>> s-expression (aka sexp) using ruby's arrays, strings, symbols, and
>> integers.
>
> can you recommend an analogon to ParseTree for classes and methods
> written in C/C++, which produces output that's compatible/easily
> adaptable to ParseTree's output for Ruby, i.e., that would
> facilitate translations of code

I'm confused... above it seems you're asking for something like
ParseTree for C/++. Below it seems you're asking for a sexp to C
translator. Or... you want it bidirectional???

> Ruby -> S-Expressions -> C/C++  and in the other direction ?

Any C/++ parser could be adapted to generate ruby objects that look
like sexps. But conceptually there is a lot of disparity between C, C+
+, and ruby. I doubt you'll ever manage a clean bidirectional mapping
between the two except for the most hamstrung subset between the three.

Curious tho: why?