Jochen Theodorou wrote:
> well, looking at these numbers I would suggest you subscribe to the
> jruby mailing list and ask why jruby is 100% slower than ruby ;) The
> server mode really looks awful... They need to know about this!

You are here trolling on the Ruby lists Jochen? Don't you have some
Groovy bugs to be fixing? :)

The server VM starts up a lot slower on most systems, which is the
reason for this test to be invalid. And in general, any benchmark under
5-10s is going to be a pretty poor test of JRuby performance, since the
code might not even get compiled or optimized on such a short run.

- Charlie