------art_14291_32616520.1213018619734

I knew that there was a penalty to be paid when running JRuby, but I did not
know how high.
I developed a Sudoku solver, which actually solves simple to medium
difficult puzzles. I am still struggling to make it solve "hard" problems.
I just installed JRuby yesterday and wanted to compare it against Ruby.

I executed the same program:

The results are in:

ruby -v

*Ruby:
ruby sudoku01final.rb
Elapsed Time: 0.437 Secs*

jruby -v
ruby 1.8.6 (2008-05-28 rev 6586) [x86-jruby1.1.2]
*JRuby:
jruby sudoku01final.rb
Elapsed Time: 1.058 Secs*

BTW, there is no GUI in my program. I hope to learn the GUI part with JRuby.
That's the main reason why I downloaded JRuby, NetBeans, Java JDK/JRE, Etc.
I guess there is trade-off which one must be willing to accept.

Am I in the ball-park?

Regards,

Victor

------art_14291_32616520.1213018619734--