Hello Ruby Forum,

I'm picking through a script that will archive sent messages in my
Dialog newsreader, written by another.  He included msgfile.rb, which
looks to be a class definition.  Am I correct that ruby should throw an
error if it can't find iconv?  As it is, the script seems to execute
without output, warnings or errors.

#!/usr/bin/env ruby
# extr_sent.rb
# extract all Sent messgages from all msg*.dat in Dialog's data
direectory into single messages
# Usage: place into data dir and run - will extract into single messages
#        with parameter -m: extracts to mbox
#        with parameter -r: extracts raw, mostly for debugging purposes
# Backup your files first, no guarantees.

require 'iconv'
require 'msgfile'

Is iconv something that comes already with ruby 1.8.6?  Thanks,