On Friday 06 June 2008 12:21:08 Marc Heiler wrote:

> Then we compare our solutions. (Only "in-built" stuff is allowed, i.e.
> no cpan modules rubygems etc... things would have to be used from
> scratch, so that no language gains an inherent advantage over the other)

That would still potentially be a comparison of standard libraries. And you
can't get away from that, really.

But it is a valid point that beauty is in the eye of the beholder. Almost no
one I know who's seen Ruby code argues that Perl is better -- but then,
almost no one I know dislikes Firefly or Serenity. I'm finding out that the
Internet is a bigger place -- if there is an opinion, someone holds it.

Some people hate Firefly.