------art_8206_19946290.1212807045244

On Fri, Jun 6, 2008 at 4:15 PM, Charles Oliver Nutter <
charles.nutter / sun.com> wrote:

> Israel Guerra wrote:
>
>> Hail everyone!
>>
>> This is my first post here. :)
>>
>> I want to develop a desktop app that runs in either linux or windows.
>> I have many doubts about which GUI i should use. What's the best option? I
>> heard about wxwidgets or tk, but have no idea of what i should use.
>>
>> I would prefer something that has a graphical app that can help me
>> creating
>> the visual part.
>>

> JRuby + Swing + NetBeans Matisse + MonkeyBars
>
> - Charlie

Can JRuby coexist with C-Ruby?
Does anyone have any performance numbers of Ruby vs JRuby?
Would any JRuby appl with GUI run on any *NIX server that supports Java?
Is there a drag and drop widgets creation GUI design under JRuby with Swing?
I think VxRuby or something to that effect is the only GUI environment that
offers drag/drop widget creation. Not sure though!
Currently I am running Ruby 1.8.7 and on some servers I am playing 1.9. What
is the equivalent version of JRuby to the latest level of Ruby?
How far behind is JRuby from Ruby (C-Ruby)?
If I am not mistaken, Monkeybars is only an MS/Windows appl, correct?

Thank you

Victor

------art_8206_19946290.1212807045244--