Ryan,

Ryan Davis wrote:

> On Jun 5, 2008, at 16:57 , Rob Biedenharn wrote:
>
>> Perhaps you want to check out treetop or one of the other parsers as
>> this project looks like it hasn't been touched in 2 years.
>
> it's been touched, but none of the changes have been released.
>
> ruby2c has a lot of dark corners and isn't meant for general use. expect
> a lot to break.

The reason I am interested is that I have CPU and IO intensive C/C++
genetics simulation program that I would love to rewrite in Ruby but it
probably would not be viable from a speed point of view.  I thought
maybe if I could develop/debug etc to a working Ruby app and then, when
it is a going concern, turn it into a faster, compiled binary, I would
get the best of both worlds . .

Regards,

Phil.

--
Philip Rhoades

Pricom Pty Limited  (ACN 003 252 275  ABN 91 003 252 275)
GPO Box 3411
Sydney NSW	2001
Australia
E-mail:  phil / pricom.com.au