On Fri, 6 Jun 2008 08:09:30 -0700 (PDT), Luis Lavena
<luislavena / gmail.com> wrote:

>On Jun 6, 4:43m, bill turner <bill.tur... / changent.com> wrote:
>> I just downloaded ruby and ran the installer(Ruby 1.8.6 One-Click
>> Installer). I then opened the tutorial "Ruby in Twenty Minutes". The
>> very first statement I encounter states "If you√”e using Windows, open
>> fxri from the Ruby section of your Start Menu.". However, there is no
>> Ruby section on my Start Menu. Certainly, I can configure this myself,
>> I am just wondering what should be there. Any help or suggestions are
>> appreciated!
>>

>Hmn, wierd, all the menus at start menu (under programs) get generated
>here. What OS version are you using? (also will be helpful if you say
>what release did you actually downloaded -- 1.8.6-26 or something
>else).
>
>Regards,

It is the latest version - 1.8.6.-26, though the binaries download
appears to be one release newer - 1.8.7-i386-mswin32.zip (I didn't use
this).

I am running windows xp sp2 and should be up-to-date with all
important downloads. I also ran as administrator.

I agree, it is weird. Let me know if you have other questions.
Bill Turner

www.changent.com

Very few really seek knowledge in this world. Mortal or immortal, few really ask. On the contrary, they try to wring from the unknown the answers they have already shaped in their own minds - justification, explanations, forms of consolation without which they can√’ go on. To really ask is to open the door to the whirlwind. The answer may annihilate the question and the questioner. - Vampire Marius from The Vampire Lestat by Ann Rice

Views expressed are entirely my own and do not necessarily represent those of any other person or entity.