On Thu, Jun 5, 2008 at 6:09 PM, Mc Mohd <mcmohd / gmail.com> wrote:
> Friends,
>
> We had put lot of effort to bring this English Ruby tutorial online but
> instead of any appreciation people started blaming us. I found out "Ruby
> in a Nutshell" on the net and if you see itself is a copy of standard
> ruby manual.
>
> I found few pieces copied from this book and according to my fellow
> writer he found this content interesting on the net and tried to
> incorporate here. So finally I tried to remove that content.
>
> I've gone through 8 books while compiling this content. We are not a
> research scholars who do R&D and then write a book. Like other authors,
> we also took many things as reference while writing this tutorial.
>
> Anyway, if you did not like it then we are sorry....but I can say there
> are few books who gives you clear understanding on Ruby-on-Rails,
> Ruby/TK etc. if you have one then pls let me know.

Here's a tutorial on plagiarism:
http://www.google.co.za/url?sa=t&ct=res&cd=10&url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.ieee-ras.org%2Fram%2Fplagiarism.pps&ei=l9lISMqPCY_MeqS1jcUE&usg=AFQjCNF1jnDHLwFvC2GgpmCz3R-qehzhtQ&sig2=PDUgigWwdtiQBZXpVQiFLg

It is a great thing to share knowledge, but copying other peoples work
word-for-word
and then not crediting it to them is dishonest. Just rework the
material you copied a bit
and your tutorial will be much better.

Also, the rails quick guide looks quite useful, thanks for that!

Les