Perhaps people don't have this problem very often, but I once spent
three days puzzling over a Rails app that worked fine on my computer,
but not at the web host. A library had been installed by the host that
created a class that was require'd somewhere down the line. That class
had the same name as one of my models, and it totally killed my app.

Having a dynamic base environment works fine until there's a clash. As
the code base grows, so do the chances of a clash and also the
difficulty in finding it.

--
[we need your code-fu]  :  www.zadic.co.za