I cannot get the connect method in fxruby to work.  The fxruby manual says:

------------ begin quote from manual ----------
... This new model was introduced with the FXRuby-0.99.179 release ...
Event Model
FXRuby implements a new, simplified approach to this built on top of the old
model. It more or less mimics the syntax used in Ruby/GTK; you can attach a
message handler block to a widget using a new connect instance method, e.g.

    aButton = FXButton.new(parent, "Push Me")
    aButton.connect(SEL_COMMAND) { |sender, sel, ptr|
      puts "Ouch!"
    }
------------ end quote from manual ----------

I am running FXRuby-0.99.181-win32.exe with a cygwin Ruby.  The following
code is a combination of the above snippet with the "hello world" snippet in
the same manual:

require 'fox'
require 'fox/responder'
include Fox
include Responder

app = FXApp.new("Hello", "FoxTest")
app.init(ARGV)
main = FXMainWindow.new(app, "Hello", nil, nil, DECOR_ALL)
FXButton.new(main, "Push Me").connect(SEL_COMMAND) { puts "Ouch!" }
app.create
main.show(PLACEMENT_SCREEN)
app.run

This code gives the error: "undefined method `connect' for Push
Me:Fox::FXButton (NameError)".  If I remove the .connect call and block, the
button appears properly in the window.

Help please?