Hi, I was wondering if anyone has had any luck trying to extend
CI::Reporter

Specifically, I wanted to change some formatting, so that failure
messages are enclosed in CDATA blocks.  I tried extending the to_xml
method in Rakefile.rb but it seems to have no effect, so clearly I am
missing something...

My Rakefile is below.  When I run it, everything happens as if I haven't
actually extended the method at all.  Ie "YO!!!" does not appear in the
XML output, and "this is broken!" never prints out.  What am I missing
here?

require 'rake'
require 'rake/testtask'
require 'rake/clean'
require 'rubygems'
gem 'ci_reporter'
require 'ci/reporter/rake/test_unit'
require 'ci/reporter/core'

# modify ci_reporter to put failure message in CDATA element # note this
is not working class CI::Reporter::TestUnit
	def to_xml(builder)
		attrs =3D {}
		each_pair {|k,v| attrs[k] =3D builder.trunc!(v.to_s)
unless v.nil? || v.to_s.empty?}
		builder.testcase(attrs) do
			failures.each do |failure|
				builder.failure(:type =3D>
builder.trunc!(failure.name), :message =3D>
builder.trunc!(failure.message)) do
					builder.text!("YO!!!" +
failure.message + " (#{failure.name})\n")
					builder.text!(failure.location)
	puts "this is broken!"

task :default =3D> [ :all_tests ]

task :all_tests =3D> ['ci:setup:testunit']

Rake::TestTask.new(:all_tests) do |t|
	t.test_files =3D FileList['test/*test.rb']
	t.verbose =3D true
	t.warning =3D false
end