In article <Pine.LNX.4.30.0201061649140.11673-100000 / candle.superlink.net>,
David Alan Black  <dblack / candle.superlink.net> wrote:
>Dear fellow programmers,
>
>This is an invitation to join the Language of the Year project (LotY).
>
>>From the Language of the Year project website at
>http://www.pragmaticprogrammer.com/loty:
>

>       "Learn at least one new [programming] language every year.
>       Different languages solve the same problems in different
>       ways. By learning several different approaches, you can help
>       broaden your thinking and avoid getting stuck in a rut."
>
>		   --- The Pragmatic Programmer

[snip]

>  LotY 2002
>
>    This year's language is Haskell. We've chosen Haskell because it's
>    a popular functional programming language, and we're interested in
>    learning more about the functional programming paradigm. There are
>    free implementations, online tutorials, and some good Haskell
>    books.

Maybe I'm a little slow, but can I get special permission from the
Pragmatic Programmers to stick with Ruby as my language of the year for a
second year?  ;-)

Actually, I really would like to learn a functional language like Haskell,
but I don't think I have time right now.  Will you folks be archiving your
Haskell discussions somewhere?

Phil