On Tue, Jun 3, 2008 at 4:46 AM, Anukul Singhal <anukul.singhal / gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I tried the following code snippet to kill a Win32 process:
>
> def killQTP
>   wmi = WIN32OLE.connect("winmgmts://")
>   processes = wmi.ExecQuery("select * from Win32_process")
>   for process in processes do
>      if process.Name.include? "QTPro.exe" then
>         puts "Name: #{process.Name}"
>         puts "Process ID: #{process.Pid}"
>         puts process.Terminate
>      elsif process.Name.include? "star.exe" then
>         puts "Name: #{process.Name}"
>         puts "Process ID: #{process.Pid}"
>         puts process.Terminate
>      end
>   end
>   puts "done killing QTP"
> end
>
> But the process is not getting killed when I execute the above and
> simply gives "exit code: 0"
>
> Can anyone help in case I am missing anything to execute the above code
> or is there any other way of killing a Win32 process?

You might look at win32-process, but if you want to use WMI, remember
WMI queries are basically just SQL.

# this code

require 'win32ole'

  wmi = WIN32OLE.connect("winmgmts://")

  # I only mixed case to illustrate that case is not important
  query = "select * from Win32_process where name='NoTePaD.exe' OR
name='cAlC.exe'"

  processes = wmi.ExecQuery(query)

  processes.each do |process|
     puts "Name: #{process.Name}"