On Mon, 7 Jan 2002, Lewis Perin wrote:

> What is it about the language (not the development environment) you
> find niftier than Haskell?

* Uniqueness typing -
       Allowing side-effects / destructive updates
* Dynamic typing extension that fits into the type system in a
    formal way (only in version 2.0 and I have only read about it and not
    tried it yet). This allows:
	Marshalling of code and data in type-safe way
	Dynamic extension of running applications

But IMHO, the languages are similar enough that one can probably learn
either of them and then study the differences. I'm coming from Haskell and
only recently found Clean. Just wanted to share some pointers to give an
alternative.

Haskell might be better when learning functional programming
since there is more resources out there. On the other hand the Clean book
has some nice chapters on different programming styles and case studies on
using Clean.

Regards,

Robert