Axel Etzold wrote:
> Dear all,
>
> I am at a loss installing Rmagick on Ubuntu Gutsy (7.10) - tried both compiling from source and the gem --
>  I've read the documentation FAQ  and tried several font configuration tools... but when I install Rmagick, I still get loads of errors like:
>
> RMagick: unable to read font `/usr/local/lib/ImageMagick-6.4.1/config//usr/local/share/ghostscript/fonts/n019003l.pfb'.
>
> My fonts are actually in /usr/share/type1/gsfonts ...
>
> Where in the Makefile of RMagick can I specify this directory ?
> Thank you very much for your help.
>
> Best regards,
>
> Axel

This message is actually from ImageMagick, not RMagick. When you run
ImageMagick's configuration script, use the --with-gs-font-dir option:

./configure --with-gs-font-dir=/usr/share/type1/gsfonts ...other options...

See http://rmagick.rubyforge.org/install-linux.html and
http://www.imagemagick.org/script/advanced-unix-installation.php for
more information, and drop me a line at rmagick at rubyforge dot org if
you need help.

Good luck!

--
RMagick: http://rmagick.rubyforge.org/