--=-JjAGXlDN1IZy98EU/CSD

--=-mnKDyry7JIkG/T/fWZxd

On Fri, 2008-05-30 at 12:27 +0900, Patrick Aljord wrote:

> Ok so because leaders are incompetent I should just wait for democracy
> to come one day and stay ignorant in the meantime? That's weird.

You are dealing with people, Patrick, who build up a huge head of
righteous indignation while forgetting that the USA, at the turn of the
20th century, didn't respect foreign copyright.  "Intellectual property
protection" only started becoming an issue in the USA when they had some
worth protecting.  Now they don't want any other countries to use the
same techniques they did to bootstrap.

But really, copyright is off-topic I would suspect.  We should probably
continue this discussion off-list.

--=20
Michael T. Richter <ttmrichter / gmail.com> (GoogleTalk:
ttmrichter / gmail.com)
There are two ways of constructing a software design. One way is to make
it so simple that there are obviously no deficiencies. And the other way
is to make it so complicated that there are no obvious deficiencies.
(Charles Hoare)

--=-mnKDyry7JIkG/T/fWZxd

<HTML>
<HEAD>
  <META HTTP-EQUIV=3D"Content-Type" CONTENT=3D"text/html; CHARSET=3DUTF-8">
  <META NAME=3D"GENERATOR" CONTENT=3D"GtkHTML/3.16.1">
</HEAD>
<BODY>